Since the formation of the first club in the parish in 1906, the GAA has been carried on constantly since then by the Sixmilecross Wolfe Tones (1906-1920), Beragh Red Knights (1921),Sons of the Gael (1931) Brackey Wolfe Tones (1933) St Mary’s (1944) and Red Knights (1972).

Successes have included JFC in 1947 and 1988, JFL in 1981 and 1988, West Tyrone Senior League in 1935, Intermediate Championship 1993 and 2000 and Intermediate League in 1972 and 2000. St Enda Cup won in 1958, McElduff Cup in 1972 and 1999, McGarrity Cup in 1999.

Off the field, Beragh Red Knights won the AIB Club of the Year awards in 1979 and 1981 and McNamee award in 1979. Grounds purchased in 1954, underwent further development in the 1970s, handball alley built in 1981 and new sports pavillion opened 17th March 2006.

Other aspects of gaelic games and culture have also been actively promotion, including Camogie 1933 and reformed 1977, Ladies Football 1993 and Hurling in 1983. The club has also enjoyed County successes in Scor and Scor Na Og.